I don't know about you, but I love all things chocolate. This dark chocolate chip muffin hit the spot!
You may have to adjust the milk. Cocoa powder makes the batter thick, so after you add the initial 1 1/4 cup of milk, only add an extra tablespoon at a time, to thin it enough that the batter will easily go into the muffin liners.
Flax egg- a flax egg is 1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons water let sit for 10 minutes to gel
Yield: 12 muffins|Prep time: 15 minutes|Cook time: 18 minutes|Total: 33 minutes
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 flax egg
1/3 cup non-dairy sour cream
1 1/2 cups ripe banana (mashed)
1 ¼ cup almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup dark cocoa powder
2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips, divided
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with 12 liners.
2. With a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars until creamy. Add the flax egg, sour cream, banana, milk, and vanilla and beat again.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the cinnamon, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, and flour. Slowly add this to the banana mixture until all is combined. Do not over-mix.
4. Fold in 1 cup of dark chocolate chips into the batter gently. Spoon the batter evenly into the liners.
5. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top of the muffins. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Remove and let cool in the pan for 2 minutes, then remove the muffins from the pan and place on a wire rack until cooled.
7. Store in a tightly sealed container. Microwave 1 muffin for 10 seconds to reheat.
Love this recipe? Share with family and friends